Brownies and tbh? Need we say more? It doesn't get better than this!
Brownie Batter Ingredients
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking pan and then lay down parchment paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add the 3.5 oz of chocolate, vegan butter, and cocoa powder. Melt in the microwave in 30-second increments until mostly melted and stir well at each interval. This could take up to 1.5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and sugar, and then stir in your non-dairy milk until nice and smooth. Add the flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl with the chocolate mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Fold in the additional 1⁄2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Transfer the brownie batter to your prepared pan and drop spoonfuls of the TBH on top of the brownies, then swirl it in with a butter knife.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes and allow the brownies to cool completely before icing.
- Make your frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or in a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, beat the butter until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the sifted powdered sugar about one cup at a time, and mix starting on low speed gradually increasing to medium, until all the powdered sugar is mixed in.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes, or until everything is well combined. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- If the frosting seems too thick, you can add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time. If the frosting is too thin and runny, simply add more powdered sugar, quarter cup at a time until you've reached your desired consistency.
- Once the brownies are cooled, add your frosting and holiday sprinkles!